Burleigh County North Dakota - link home
Contact Us Elections Job Listings Maps Public Notices Townships Links How Do I? News Events

Facebook Twitterprinter friendly page

Tax Equalization

Allan Vietmeier
Phone: 222-6693

Phone: (701) 222-6691
Phone: (701) 222-6693

Mailing Address:
PO Box 5518
Bismarck, ND 58506

Physical Address:
221 N 5th St
Bismarck, ND 58501

The Burleigh County Tax Equalization Office is responsible for identifying and overseeing the valuation of all real property within the county. Once values are certified by the State Board of Equalization, they are sent to the Auditor's Office to calculate property taxes. The Office of the State Tax Commissioner oversees the valuation of real property through a sales ratio analysis, which determines if a jurisdiction is maintaining their property valuations at market. Our office uses Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) software to assist in the valuation process. Property records are continually updated through reappraisal, permits, sale review, or whenever change occurs.

Item Search Types
Detailed Property Information

Assessing Website - Detailed property information for selected properties located outside the city limits of Bismarck.

North Dakota Property Tax Logo
ND Property Tax

North Dakota Property Tax information can be found at the ND State Tax Commissioner's website.

Types of Exemptions

Types of Exemptions and Credits

    Wheelchair -- Application
    A physician certifies you are permanently confined to a wheelchair.

    Blind -- Application
    A physician certifies you are blind according to the statute.

    Paraplegic Disabled Veteran -- Application
    The VA awarded you special adaptive housing.
    The disability does not have to be service related.

    Farm Residence Tax Exemption - Application

    Improvements to Commercial and Residential Buildings -- Application

Types of Credits

    Homestead Credit -- Application
    You are 65 years of age or older or are permanently and totally disabled
    Your income is less than $70,000

    Disabled Veteran Credit -- Application
    You are a Disabled Veteran with a honorable discharge or retired from the armed forces of the United States.
    Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA) certifies your disability at 50% or greater.

Abatement - Application