Burleigh County North Dakota - link home
Contact Us Elections Job Listings Maps Public Notices Townships Links How Do I? News Events

Facebook Twitterprinter friendly page

Marriage Ceremony Information

Contact Missy Hanson to schedule a civil ceremony.. To have a marriage ceremony officiated by the Burleigh County Recorder you have two options.

The first option is to schedule an appointment for solemnization of the marriage to be performed in the City/County building during regular business hours. This civil ceremony lasts approximately ten (10) minutes. The cost for this ceremony is $30 and must be paid for in cash. Space for guests is limited. For this type of ceremony you must:

Have a marriage license issued in North Dakota
Schedule an appointment with the County Recorder at least two weeks in advance
Bring two witnesses with you on the day of the ceremony
You should arrive at the Recorder's office, which is located in the City/County building, 221 N 5th St, (not the Court House) 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment
For in office ceremonies, the license must be purchased and ceremony fee paid at least one week prior to the wedding ceremony.
In office ceremonies will be scheduled subject to room availability and the schedule of the Recorder.

The second option is to select a site of your choice. You may then schedule an appointment with the Recorder to officiate the ceremony. The cost for an off-site ceremony is $250. Ceremonies on holidays or holiday weekends will be subject to a higher fee. All off site wedding ceremony appointments must be scheduled, license purchased, and the fees paid with cash at least two weeks in advance. Appointments for these ceremonies can be any day of the week. The above list of "musts" also applies for this option.

To schedule an appointment for a wedding ceremony contact:

Missy Hanson
Burleigh County Recorder
(701) 222-6747