Burleigh County North Dakota - link home
County Commission Departments Boards/Committee About Transparency Portal Property Information
Contact Us Elections Job Listings Maps Public Notices Townships Links How Do I? News Events

Facebook Twitterprinter friendly page

Economic Assistance

To apply for Economic Assistance, you may submit an application:

•Online: Complete and submit an application online. The completed application will be directed to the appropriate county social service office.

•Manually: Print and complete the Application for Assistance and then return it to your county social service office.

•By Mail: You can contact your county social service office and request that an application be mailed to you.

- For help completing an application, please contact your county social service office.

- Beginning October 1, 2013, Eligibility Workers will not be accepting phone calls or appointments on Wednesdays.

Affordable Care Act

•For information on the Federal Exchange Click Here.

•For information on the Medicaid Expansion Click Here.

•A computer is available in the lobby and assistance is available daily 8:00 - 4:30 (except Wednesdays) to help answer any questions.

•Apply by phone: 1-800-318-2596 TTY: 1-855-889-4325

Medicaid Expansion - Coverage will not start until January 1, 2014

•Apply for the Medicaid Expansion at the landing page Click Here.

•You will be able to fill out and save a PDF version of the application to your computer that you may later upload to the website when it becomes available.

Child Care Assistance: A program to assist low income families in meeting their child care expenses. For additional information and frequently asked questions, please visit the Child Care Assistance website. To apply for Child Care Assistance, please complete the Child Care Assistance Application.

If you are a relative and wish to become a provider, please complete the Relative Child Care Provider Application.

General Assistance: The General Assistance Program is an emergency assistance program intended to meet basic maintenance needs of families/individuals in financial crisis and burial of deceased poor persons. For more information, contact our office.

Children's Health Insurance Program
Healthy Steps: This is an insurance program for children who do not have health insurance coverage, are 18 years of age or younger, live in families with qualifying incomes and do not qualify for the Medicaid Program. Visit the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) website for more information regarding the Healthy Steps Program or contact our office.

LIHEAP - Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program: A program that helps low-income families and individuals pay the expense of fuel costs. For additional information and answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the LIHEAP website. To apply for energy assistance, complete the Energy Assistance Application and/or contact our office.

Medicaid/Medical Assistance: A program to assist with medical costs for eligible low-income individuals and families. Eligibility is based on income, assets and qualifying as a member of a coverage group.

To apply for Health Care Coverage or find out more about the programs, please visit the ND DHS Health Care Portal.

To view details about your existing case, report changes, or to complete a review, please visit the Self Service Portal.

To help determine whether you may be eligible for Medicaid benefits, please refer to the Application for Assistance Guidebook. To apply for Medicaid, you may apply online, print a copy, or contact our office for an application.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
SNAP-Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program -(formerly known as Food Stamps): A program to assist low income families and individuals increase their food buying power. Benefits are provided through the use of an electronic benefit card (EBT). Please use the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Benefit Calculator to help determine if you may be eligible for SNAP. For additional information and answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program website.

EBT cards replacement hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. EBT training is daily as requested. Identification is required for replacements.

Effective January 1, 2011, you will be allowed a limit of three (3) EBT cards issued at the county office per calendar year. If you misplace your third (3rd) card, a replacement card will be mailed to you two (2) business days after you report the loss.

TANF - Temporary Assistance to Needy Families - (formerly known as AFDC): A program to provide children deprived of parental support, money for food, shelter, clothing, and personal needs. For additional information and answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the TANF/JOBS Programs website. If you would like to apply for TANF, you may complete the single application for assistance by clicking here and/or contact our office.