Burleigh County North Dakota - link home
County Commission Departments Boards/Committee About Transparency Portal Property Information
Contact Us Elections Job Listings Maps Public Notices Townships Links How Do I? News Events

Facebook Twitterprinter friendly page

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report child abuse?
To make a report of suspected child abuse or neglect, please complete the SFN 960 Report of Suspected Child Abuse or Neglect and mail, fax, or drop off the form at our office.
Who do I call if I am a victim of abuse?
In the Bismarck area, please contact the Bismarck Police Department at 223-1212, located at 700 S. 9th St, Bismarck, ND or in case of an emergency, please dial 911. You may also contact the Abused Adult Resource Center (AARC), at (701) 222-8370 or the 24 hour crisis line at 866-341-7009.
Who do I call for suspected elderly abuse?
Please contact the Vulnerable Adult Program, West Central Human Service Center, 1237 W Divide Ave, Ste 5, Bismarck, ND, phone #: 328-8888, toll free: 888-328-2662.
How do I get help for my parents?
Adult Services provides social services to the adult population of Burleigh County. Services are intended to assist elderly and persons with physical disabilities to remain in their home/community. Please click here to view more information.
How do I become a day care provider?
Contact Social Services for application and licensing. For additional information please view the ND Early Childhood Services site.
How do I become a QSP?
Please visit our Adult Services page.
What are your office hours & where are you located?
Location: Burleigh County Social Services, 415 East Rosser Avenue Suite 113, Bismarck ND 58501-4058
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. cst, Monday through Friday

When can I get a EBT card?
Cards replacement hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. EBT training is daily as needed. Photo identification is required for replacements.
How do I apply for fuel assistance (LIHEAP)?
Please visit our Programs and Services for Economic Assistance -LIHEAP.
How do I find housing?
Contact Burleigh County Housing Authority at 255-2540 or visit them at 410 S. 2nd Street, Bismarck, ND.
Website: www.burleighcountyhousing.com/

How do I find a dentist?
If you are a Medicaid recipient, please contact the dental providers in your area and ask if they are Medicaid participating providers and accepting new patients. If you live within a 50 mile radius of Bismarck, you may be eligible for services at Bridging the Dental Gap, 1223 S. 12th St, Bismarck ND, Phone #: 221-0518.
Website: http://www.bridgingthedentalgap.com

How do I get help with my rent?
Temporary short term emergency help for rent may be available through the Community Action Program, 2105 Lee Ave, Bismarck, ND, phone #: 258-2240 OR Aid Inc., 404 Airport RD, Bismarck ND, phone #: 223-9150
Where do I find assistance for the visually impaired or disabled?
Contact the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, 1237 W Divide Ave, Ste 1B, Bismarck, ND,
phone #: 701-328-8950, toll free: 1-800-755-2745